|US NAVY BLUE ANGELS PERFORMING AT SEAFAIR 2012|
**Tonight we have some sad news the Blue Angels are an endangered species and further cuts are planned to the US Navy. Details have leaked out in THIS PDF.**
AS TO FURTHER CUTS...
IF SEQUESTRATION KICKS IN, THINGS REALLY TURN TO HELL!
BELOW IS THE WORST OF THE WORST AND PARDON THE AVIATION BIAS:
- "By Oct 13, CONUS forces will require 9+ months to deploy due to maintenance and training curtailments" (page 2)
- "Cancel Blue Angels shows in 3rd and 4th quarters ($20M)" (page 2)
- "Flying hours on deployed carriers in Middle East reduced 55%; steaming days reduced 22%" (page 2)
- "Reduce WestPac deployed ops by 35%; Non-deployed Pac ships lose 40% of steaming days" (page 2)
|Proposed cuts to US Navy ops in the Pacific Northwest|
BRINGING THIS HOME TO THE NAS WHIDBEY ISLAND COMMUNITY WITH ASTERISKS BY NAVY-WIDE CUTS:
- Cancel 3rd/4th Qtr aircraft maintenance ($83M) in Whidbey
- Defer 1 MILCON project at Whidbey Island ($6M)
- Reduce ship ops, flying hours ($670M)*
- Defer “new start” aircraft procurements ($150M)* [Which means more stress on geriatric Prowler airframes as Growler forces are cut back.]
- Cancel Blue Angels show in Seattle [#EPICFAIL]
- Cancel 1 3rd/4th Qtr ship avails in PACNORWEST ($65M) – USS JOHN C STENNIS (CVN 74)
- Furlough most Civilians for 22 work days ($448M)*
- Cancel Fleet participation in Portland Rose Festival, Seattle SeaFair and Fleet Week San Francisco.
Finally, I've done my best to keep politics off of this blog. But in the interest of transparency I am a Republican (probably not a shocker). I am also a Republican supporter of Congressman Rick Larsen because of his work to stick up for NAS Whidbey Island. I would have preferred tax hikes to defense cuts any day of the week.
I also propose going forward $2 voluntary income tax checkbox to fund the Blue Angels & the like in future years, plus the same $2 voluntary income tax checkbox for veterans' care. After all, this is being done to fund presidential campaigns - why not things a lot more genuinely AMERICAN than political air pollution?!?
GO NAVY LEAGUE!